- Summer Kimono
- Vibrant Sarong
- Chic Sunglasses
- A Swish Hat
- A seriously hot pair of swimmers
- An indulgent amount of summer dresses
- Shorts that make your butt look über cute
- luxurious sandals
- A capacious bag that makes you happy
- Sexy underwear
- T shirt
- Happy pants
- NO SHOES!!! (unless driving because it is the law)
ITEMS TO BRING
The Beach - All to be put in you capacious bag
- Buckets and spades (Back to the innocent good old days)
- Beach Tent/ or gorgeous Umbrella (Top 3 by design make great ones)
- 50+ Sunscreen
- Lip balm
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Towels (Country Road’s are incredibly comfy)
- Magazine (Top 3: Yen, Frankie, Fete)
- Beach mat
- Nikki Waling
- An Amazingly wide-ranging playlist (Yes, even flight facilities can be gotten sick of)
- Yummy Food!!! (Turkish bread and hummus for the win)
THINGS TO DO
- Run into the ocean at fabulous times of day i.e. Sunset/Sunrise
- Laze on the sand under your gorgeous umbrella
- GO back in time an build sand castles much better than you used to. Finally make the castle you always wanted to make but never could because you didn’t have the skill when you were 9.
- Become a more zen self reading and being introverted taking a lot of ‘me time’
- Sleep in your beach tent, waking up a realising that you actually just slept in your beach tent.
- Go across the road from the beach and look in all the beachy, eclectic, lovely shops that are just waiting for you there.
- Hire out a kayak and go for a paddle in the surf!
- Take beautiful photos
- After swimming at the beach in the morning don’t change clothes, go and drink your morning coffee in your swimmers. It is amazingly satisfying.
- Visit your local beach markets.
- Read body positive.
- Stop at regular intervals but make them really cool places so that overtime you go to stop revive and survive you are also in awe every time you do.
- Eat food at a roadhouse. It is a new and interesting experience.
- Buy at least one thing that is quirky or a lil’ weird that makes you don’t think you need but really, you do (I bought pumpkin jam and Raleigh’s ointment, made in New Zealand)
- Pump music loudly, one: to stay awake, tow: for the sheer enjoyment of pumping music loudly
- Eat your Yum food!
- If you see anything worth picture taking, STOP and TAKE THAT PICTURE
- Go the scenic route: If you are into pretty places find the nicest way to get to where you are going. (We went to Mungo National park, 4 hours out of the way but so worth it)
I hope that my suggestions and things to pack help you for your plans for this year. Speaking from experience it all works and it is all totally worth it.
Take the leap Xx